Tuesday, January 19, 2016

What Just Happened? Also, What's Next?

My last post here was pre-NaNoWriMo. Today is January 18th. That's a long, quiet stretch. Too quiet, for a blog. So this post will be a quick recap of the last couple of months, and a peek ahead at what I think is going to be a pretty exciting year.

To start with, no I didn't hit my NaNoWriMo goal. Congrats to everyone out there who did, and I'll give it another go when November rolls around again. I did get a lot of writing done, however, and this week I will be posting the first-chapter excerpt of McStretchy, which is the title of the next Red Cloak Island book. The book itself is complete, just waiting for cover art, and will be available in the next couple of weeks.

I write slowly, which is part of the reason I didn't hit the 50K mark for NaNoWriMo. But there's a method to the snail-paced madness, and I've decided to dedicate the next few blog posts to my process for storytelling. Call them New Year's resolutions or writing goals or just good intentions, but I plan to try and stick to a more regular posting schedule here.  And I'm already at work on the fourth Red Cloak book, tentatively titled Little Miss Thunderhead.

Apart from the writing, I've also been doing quite a bit of reading. Throughout the year, I'll also be posting more reviews here, as well as those I post on GoodReads and Amazon and other places online.  Reviews (especially good reviews) are an author's best friend.  Hint, hint.

So ... writing, reading, the holidays, work, family, volunteering (PAWS for my wife and daughters, Toys for Tots for my son and I) and not blogging. I think that covers November and December.  Goodbye, 2015, hello 2016, and here's to a new year. Thanks for stopping by, and stay tuned -- there's so much more to come, I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment